We can take almost any kind of musical format, but for guideline purposes here are some of the accepted formats for mixes:
- 44.1k to 96K PCM digital audio file format
- Analog Tape (1/2" or 1/4" with alignment tones of at least 30 seconds each)
- Audio CD
A couple of things to prepare for your session in advance:
- A final sequence/tracklist with correct titles (if you're still unsure about your sequence flow then a working sequence is fine to just get started)
- Mastering notes/ideas/suggestions that could be useful during the session
- Album or song references you'd like for your engineer to A/B during the session
- Vinyl sidebreak, speed (33 1/3 or 45RPM) and catalog# if you planning on cutting lacquers
- ISRC/UPC codes if you plan on pressing CDs
- Instrumentals: if you want to master your instrumentals please deliver them at the same time as your main mixes. This avoids unnecessary recall time since our signal chain is completely analog
If you have digital files, you can get them to us via our FTP (contact us for login info), or a digital file transfer service such as dropbox, google drive or wetransfer.
Please contact us for rates, terms, and to discuss your specific needs.